Set the trails on fire in full confidence. As trail riding and bikes evolve, so should the performance of your helmet. June 2021: The Trailblazer Mips helmet has earned Virginia Tech’s best rating (5 STARS) in their Bicycle Helmet Ratings program with the best helmet of any helmet they have ever tested.
Released in March 2020, the Trailblazer Mips Helmet is Sweet Protection’s latest take on the ultimate trail helmet. With its trickle-down shell technology based on decades of experience and development, the Trailblazer Mips Helmet provides strength and performance with its unique 4-piece variable shell construction.
The helmet introduces an updated design with a contemporary take on the Sweet Protection DNA with a more progressive style. The Trailblazer Mips Helmet is featuring an adjustable visor with a new visor mechanism, very efficient ventilation including the proven STACC ventilation and a completely new Occigrip turn-dial adjustment system. As all Sweet Protection’s helmets, this model is equipped with the Mips technology, a low-friction layer intended to help reduce rotational forces to the head.
- Enduro and trail specific helmet
- Superior protection with its 4-piece variable elasticity shell technology
- Highly ventilated including STACC ventilation
- Occigrip Turndial
- Top-of-the-line helmet
- Purchase includes Comfort Pads in two different thicknesses for ultimate customization and helmet bag
Area of Use
Area of Use
- The unique four-piece in-mold shell structure utilises variable Polycarbonate outer shell thicknesses and geometrical shapes to optimize the protection performance.
- The MIPS Brain Protection System is a helmet-integrated low-friction layer is designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
- In-Mold Construction is a technique that directly fuses the shock absorbing EPS liner with the Polycarbonate and Carbon shells to create a lightweight and strong structure.
- Makes the helmet easily adjustable with a low volume mechanism. The Occigrip construction provides a firm and comfortable fit and prevents the helmet from rolling on your head. Adjustable in both reach and height.
- Digitally Optimised Ventilation is optimised through digital air flow simulation. This ensures the air flows well through vents and internal channels at different speeds.
- Superficial Temporal Artery Cooling Channel (STACC) is a front vent, an internal channel and an exhaust vent that cools down the temporal artery without exposing your temples which is the most vulnerable area of the head. Patent Pending.
- Made from Superlight ABS material. Removable. Mounting hardware included.
How to measure for your size
To find the right size, wrap a measuring tape around the head, just above the ears (see figure). Try to keep it level front to back. Once you have your measurement, you can use the chart above as a guide. Keep in mind that all Sweet Protection helmets have adjustment systems and are delivered with fit pads to ensure the perfect fit.
Bike helmets – Adults
|Centimeters||53 – 56 cm||56 – 59 cm||59 – 61 cm|
|Inches||20.85 – 22″||22 – 23.20″||23.20 – 24″|
Bike helmets – Juniors
|Centimeters||50 – 53 cm||53 – 56 cm|
|Inches||19.68 – 20.85″||20.85 – 22″|